Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Five Fifty-Five


I have long been a fan of 555 in Portland. It is a great place for terrific food with a cozy atmosphere. However, my appreciation has grown considerably since Monday, 10/5/2009 when the doors were open for a sampling of the new bar menu. Fun drinks together with complementary snack samples. An absolutely great time.

Here is what we noshed on:

-Mini Cheeseburgers – mouthwateringly awesome

-Cauliflower Soup – Good, but too much smokiness for me

-Mini Pulled-Pork Sandwiches – Very good, but with slightly more pickle flavor than I care for

-French Fries with Basil Dipping Sauce – So yummy, salty and perfect

-Chili – Good flavor with just the right amount of heat

-Flatbreads – The bacon on top made them awesome, as bacon generally does

-Oysters – No thanks

-Mac & Cheese – The famous 555 Mac and Cheese! By far the best sample of the night. It had great flavor, perfect creaminess and the noodles had just the right texture. Honestly, I have thought of this Mac & Cheese since … a lot.

Now I’m obsessed with the Mac & Cheese and can’t wait till I can get my butt over there again to have a whole bowl of it to myself! If you, yourself are looking for a fun, fancy time in Portland – check out 555, no doubt.

No comments:

Post a Comment